Connected Health Cities (CHC) is pleased to announce the launch of its Pre-Competitive Collaborative Consortium (PCCC) for the health ICT Industry.
Information day and pre-launch: 22nd May. Register here.
CHC is a £20 M pilot project funded by the Department of Health across four city regions in the North of England. Its mission is to safely demonstrate innovations in care delivery that lead to improved health for citizens, more effective health and care services, growth of clinical research capability and stimulation of the North of England’s economy.
The health ICT industry is a vital partner to achieving this mission. The PCCC will offer co-creation opportunities for companies wishing to innovate in the design, implementation, demonstration and validation of eHealth and mHealth solutions. Those involved in the PCCC will:
- Work with care improvement champions to shape ICT innovations within the city regions, and have confidence in their adoption
- Engage with patients and the public in the design, testing and adoption of mHealth and pHealth solutions
- Gain early insights into the strategic direction of future care services
- Co-design procurement and adoption enablers with leading experts
- Collaborate to validate analytics and algorithms
- Benefit from engagement in funded care pathway improvement projects
- Establish reference sites delivering value to many stakeholders
- Generate evidence of health and economic value
- Have early access to new market opportunities
The objective of the PCCC for ICT is to overcome the traditional barriers within health technology research, innovation, procurement, and delivery, thereby creating a responsible and vibrant market that rapidly applies technology to improve health.
Additional beneﬁts include the reduction of R&D expenditures and opportunity costs, the sharing of resources (such as platforms, tools and analytics) and learnings from all parties, and creating a structure to enable the sharing of overall group opportunities and risks.
There will be a pre-launch PCCC meeting in Manchester on May 22nd to discuss all elements of the PCCC and industry contributions to it. If you are interested in attending this event please contact Carol Ann Costello (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday May 12th 2017.
Register to attend our PCCC launch event here