What is #DataSavesLives?
#DataSavesLives is a public engagement campaign that is design to highlight the positive ways that patient data is securely re-used to improve health services.
Why do we need #DataSaveslives?
- Our NHS is under pressure
- As a population we are living longer and have more complex health needs
- The cost of providing high quality health care is increasing. Services are struggling to keep up with the demands placed on them
Connected Health Cities is a new initiative that allows health services across the North of England to better meet the needs of patients.
Using data and technology we will:
- Improve the health of people across the North England
- Help prevent serious health conditions by providing targeted support for at-risk patients
- Re-organise treatments, care services and relevant patient data to support the needs of local communities
- Turn under-used patient data into new information, creating a more joined-up, responsive health and social care system
Our mission is to improve the health of patients.
How it works:
- Information is created every time you access a health service in the UK. This information is confidential and controlled by strict privacy laws
- By removing your personal information (name, full address and date of birth) your patient data become de-identified
- This de-identified information from different health and social care services can be linked. This allows researchers to see the full picture and the patient experience as a whole
- The linked data can be analysed to provide new insights into the way that patients use and access services. Services can be re-organised so that they better meet the needs of people
- The data works harder for patients. Each time a patient is treated information is securely re-used to create better, more bespoke treatments.
See the latest #DataSavesLives updates on Twitter